8.27.2007

when I'm sick

I always hallucinate SOMETHING. Yeah, that sounds weird. What I mean is, when I'm not feeling up to scratch, I get these weird, convoluted dreams. Sometimes they scare me. Sometimes they make me laugh. But most of the time, they're good ideas.

Last night I had a dream about a graveyard. Okay, that sounds frightening. BUT, it wasn't. People kept coming up to this one tombstone, one after the other, over a period of months, talking to it. You know. "I graduated college." "I'm getting married." "You'd be so proud of me." And there was always a voice that replied, but the people went on talking, like they didn't hear it. When I woke up, I realized that it was the tombstone. Or rather, it was the dead person's tombstone. A whole story popped into my head. We are what our gravemarkers are. Some people, obviously, are lost. But people fortunate (or not so fortunate) get to commune through their graves. And that's how they keep up with people. How they watch over earth. And it almost made me cry.

So that's my idea of the day.

No comments: