8.18.2007

I don't think God likes cars

Today was interesting. Since my mom's probably losing her job, we're not allowed to eat out or anything anymore. So we were sitting there, and I personally was waiting to go to Kelsie's for the candle party, when Joey called and said he got into a wreck. Apparently, some woman tried to pull out in front of him, even though he had the right-of-way. Ridiculous. I didn't actually want to go to Kelsie's then, but it was insisted upon. So Jackie took me.

The party wasn't that bad. Some slightly fun games to play with a group of people who I half knew. Then afterwards, wasn't so bad, just hanging out with Kelsie and her sisters (and her mom, who I love). And Kelsie's grandmother looks a lot like my grandmother used to, before she got sick. It made me a little sad.

And then I came home, and I haven't done anything noteworthy. Except, I did watch the end of this week's Top Chef. I love that show. But nobody got kicked off. Lame. Did M. Night S. write this twist, because it was weak.

I really think Kelsie's the lasting point and mine and G's friendship. Me, I'm just happy being with who I'm with. Being with my friends. But it's like G just wants so much more. Not exactly a social climber, but she thinks that just because her life's not like a movie, with dozens of boyfriends and the losing-the-virginity-after-prom thing, that it should be. I don't think like that. If I go to prom, I'll probably go with a friend. And I'll be fine with that. But she won't. And that's where Kelsie comes in. She was content to just hang with us, so when G was off doing her little social climbing thing, I'd have someone to laugh with. But now I'm alone. At least, that's what it feels like the majority of the time. It's pretty lonely.

Of course, I'm one of those people that adamantly resist change, and I also think I see things that aren't there (or maybe, it's just that I see things that others don't). I don't know.

I do, know, however, that all those years that I've never had raspberries? I was sorely missing out.

Go Kelsie.

No comments: