11.27.2004

my love of air

yes, when you read the title, the old navy commercial comes to mind. but i think about air alot. whenever i am just lying there, watching tv, or even just reading a book, all of the sudden i will think about my breath, and i can't stop thinking about it unless my fish hits the side of the tank again or someone knocks on the door.

i'm wheezing now as i write. i have been having to use my inhaler more and more frequently, so i can breathe so much easier. i swear, when i grow up and have kids, i will always tell them to never take a single breath for granted. and i will never smoke around them, or let anyone smoke around them. if i start smoking, which i really don't see myself doing, then i will never ever smoke around them. i can't even imagine.

nobody understands this obsession with my breathing. i know this is like, my seven thousandth post about it. but i dont understand how people DON'T think about it. i picture myself as an old lady with an oxygen tank, having to have someone carry it around for me because i don't have the strength. i probably won't even be old when this happens. it just hurts to think that i won't be able to breathe through the night as i get older. it's such a priceless thing to lose.

i will also treat my children with the respect they deserve. and i will be a darn good parent. i won't slack with it.

oh God, if only if only i knew i would breathe a little better, i would breathe a little better.

No comments: