11.20.2004

chicken.

alright, i'm listening to "you're unbelievable" by emf, and i think that maybe i have listened to it too many times. i mean yes, the song is good, especially if you can't get it out of your head from watching coyote ugly, but if you know all of the words, then that's a little creepy. i have officially creeped myself out for the third time this week. maybe a new record...

i freaked myself out the other day in a weirder way than that. i've been playing cards at lunch with kelsie and hannah, and i usually win the game speed, which is what we frequently play. but hannah beat me one day ( i still say she cheated, but they say i'm a sore loser...imagine that.). kelsie, with her "you got sponged-ness" said that, and i said, "i'll show you what being sponged is. i'll bring a sponge dripping with bleach and throw it at your eyes." then hannah talks about sponge cakes, and i think about saying i would put bleach in a sponge cake and feed it to them. we laughed and said more, all in the name of fun. i come home, and my mom tells me about these two girls who PUT BLEACH IN A CAKE AND FED IT TO THEIR CLASSMATES! i was a wee bit creepified.

then earlier this week with the quoting of the pink floyd that i hath mentioned. but that wasn't as major, as you will concur.

i'm bored right now. so bored, that i am pawing through my mom's dessert cookbook to find something to bake for thanksgiving at my grandmother's house. let me just say this: thanksgiving is a good holiday. i can't really say it's my favorite, because i like the christmas tree more than the turkey, but it is a great one, nonetheless. i go to my grandmother's house and she's cooking and it smells good and i'm comfortable and somehow we always play checkers and my dad usually beats me at it. my uncle tries to figure out the rubics cube again, which is difficult even when he printed directions from the internet. my cousin follows either me, joey, or chance around unmercifully. i have to watch it when i say stupid or freaking. it's one of the few times of the year where i get to see my family and laugh at how functional it is. one year, and i can swear to this, my mom, aunt, and grandmother were sitting in a room. my mom exclaimed what a miracle it was for her to have finished with the laundry. my aunt and grandmother actually APPLAUDED. i had to leave the room before they saw me laughing...

my family is not dysfunctional. every family is like ours, i do believe. sure, each family has it's individual quirks, but everyone's the same. it bugs me when people talk about their dysfunctional lives. their life is not very different from mine, more than likely. unless their cousin was eaten by an extinct tasmanian tiger wolf. then i think they have a right to complain. but then and only then will i accept that.

and "guess what" is not a question, it is a command, i stick by this, no matter what anybody says (KELSIE).

5 comments:

C.K. said...

I hate to spoil the fun, hillary, but i heard that story on the radio before school that morning.... hannah might've too.

but it WAS funny, eh?

hillary said...

i ddin't know that. i didn't hear it either. so that's why the joke was so funny...

wait a sec, if you knew it, the joke shouldn't have been funny. kelsie, you sick psycho YOU!

hillary said...

so you admit it? shame, oh what shame, to be your friend...

C.K. said...

okay, i won't be your friend anymore.
but don't come crying to me when you can't remember how to link stuff! muahahaha!

and when was the last time i said "guess what" was a question???????

hillary said...

you've said guess what as a question numerous times in days past.

and even though i have asked you billions of times how to add links, i still don't know how. what does THAT tell you?

and you made me sick. i woke up at 7:00 this morning, and last night i didn't go to sleep until 3:00. i hatify, kelsie, i hatify...