7.11.2007

harry potter 5

**Okay. I'm about to talk about HP5. I don't think I actually give anything away. It's mostly opinions. But you might not want to read it. Fair warning.

My dad went and bought the tickets this morning, which was very lucky, seeing as how when we got there, the line to get in the theater went AROUND the building. Actually, we weren't standing in line too long, which was nice. Chris made some friends, theorizing about the awkward romance scenes in the other movies. I saw some people I knew. Pretty cool.

So I just got back from seeing HP5. And...it was an excellent movie! I LOVED it. Yeah, they changed a LOT. They left out some of my favorite parts. Which makes it a bad interpretation of the book, I'm sorry to say. But since the first one, I've pretty much expected nothing but horrible book-movies but wonderful movie-movies. The special effects were AMAZING, I thought. These new characters? Luna, Bellatrix, Umbridge? They were all exactly how I imagined them. Even better (or worse, in the case of Bellatrix and Umbridge, which is a very good thing).

They left a lot out. Like I realized when I watched the third movie the other day with my dad, who'd never read the book, they really don't explain a whole hell of a lot. You might be able to piece it together if you hadn't read the book, but it'd be a lot easier. Outside the theater they were selling little HP books and trinkets. Wonderful idea.

They also changed it from the other movies. Like the dementors. And the head in the fire thing. ALL letters talking instead of just the angry ones. I actually liked these changes. And the little scenes where Harry was having his nightmares and he kept grunting...what was that all about? They intentionally made this movie dark and scary. For a second, I really was legitimately terrified. Very fun.

And the best part is that I went to see it with my brother, who loves to theorize about what will happen in the next book. I can't help it: I'm a nerd. I can't wait for the book, now. Only...let's see, 10 days or so! That's amazing. I've never thought of it like that. Ha! Can't wait!

Okay. Nerd over and out.

No comments: