7.16.2007

()()()()()()()()

^Easter eggs. Anyway.

So today, in a fit of frenzy, I caught up on my Spanish journal. I'm fairly certain that the only grade I'll be getting is for completion because of all of the mistakes that I know I'm making, but whatever. At least I'll get that. I also called the elementary, middle, and high school to see if I could volunteer. Only the high school said yes, which sucks because I was kinda hoping the middle school would so we could see some old teachers. But no biggy.

I've GOT to ask Mrs. Bice to make sure that I'm in the right science class. If I get my schedule in two weeks and it says that I'm in Biology still, I'll kill someone. Which reminds me: I still have to return the Bio book and wkbk I got. But whatever.

There's nothing to eat here that you don't have to cook. So I tried to make corncakes. I heated up the skillet and sprayed Pam. Mistake number one. I should have used butter. I started to mix up the cornbread mix and once I got that together, I looked over at the skillet and saw that the Pam had burnt to the skillet. Ay. So I thought, "It'll still work because when I put water on it it instantly evaporated." So I put a little pancake portion on there. Mistake number two. It immediately started smoking. But I said to myself, "Maybe that's normal." So I kept it on there. Number three. Then I put another one on there. They both burnt to a crisp. So since that was a bust, I decided to use the batter and turn it into muffins. Technically, cupcakes, since I put cupcake holders in there for easy cleanup later. Mistake number four. I also decided to make some chocolate muffins with it. Which ended up tasting like corn. And the corn muffins? They wouldn't come out of the cupcake holders. So I had to scoop out the insides to get any corn muffiny goodness.

Damn you IHOP. Why can't you just sell me some damn corn cakes anymore!

4 comments:

C.K. said...

http://www.mugglenet.com/countdown/add.shtml

get your own countdown :)

hillary said...

THANK YOU!!!

C.K. said...

TWO DAYS!!!!

hillary said...

2 days, 8 hours, and 10 minutes!