1.21.2007

PTW

Pass The Word.

That was our slogan at the 70th annual Georgia Beta Club Convention, where all the schools in Georgia travel to the Hyatt in Atlanta (a very nice hotel with a cool little adjoining mall right next to it).

And there were meetings. And we did our skit (I totally rocked out my lightbulbs). The next day there were more meetings. And we found out that our candidate for GA Vice-President won. And the sexy southern guy was president (which actually disappointed my group, because most people wanted the sexy British guy).

This one guy (he was some kind of an alumni, I forget exactly what he did) went up there and gave this amazing speech. It made me cry, some parts of it were just so heartbreaking. And then it made me laugh. Whatever he did, it's no wonder he got far.

Ah, it was a lot of fun. I got all dressed up pretty for the Hawaiin dance, went in for about 20 minutes, and the realized that I'm not really a "dance" type of girl. I don't really like large crowds of people in a dark cramped room with bad rap music playing. Not my thing. So my and Rebeccah left early and went back to the room, where I danced around by myself and Rebeccah laughed. Gracie and Kelsie stayed, though, and they seemed to have fun.

Then I got home, and my dad decided to cook out, even though it's freezing AND raining outside. But it was yummy, and I'm just happy to be home (even though I've been doing my homework ever since I ate)!


*Special thanks to all my homeys (and by homeys I mean everybody that let me borrow a cell phone and/or told me what time it was and/or kicked me in the sleep. I mean, all except for that last bit *ahem*).

No comments: