7.04.2006

a glorious day indeed

Went to Zeh Grahnmuzzer's 'ouse. Saw the adorable little almost 7 year-old cousing Lucy and her hilarious father, my uncle, Gibbs, the Grecko-Roman! Lucy clung to me pretty much everywhere I went. She was cute. It started raining about an hour before the fireworks started, and we were worried they were going to cancel the show. But they didn't. When we got there, about halfway through, it started raining again. They kind of accelerated the display after that. So loud it burned my ears. But I LOVED it. Then Joey did his annual freak-out-the-innocent-people-that-walk-by gig where he threw firecrackers everywhere. The only sad thing was that my dad couldn't come because his back's going out. But we brought him back some food.

I LOVE July 4th. It's such a GOOD holiday.

2 comments:

C.K. said...

yay for fireworks! where did y'all go to see them?

sorry 'bout your dad. my uncle has a bad back too, so i can understand that it sucks. hope he gets better soon!

hillary said...

in peachtree city.

he's feeling a lot better right now. but then again, he took like, 4 muscle relaxers...:-)