7.07.2006

i smiled so much my face STILL hurts

Today was probably the funniest day I've had all summer.

Kelsie's mom, out of some random act of extemem kindness, decided to take us to Stonecrest to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Adam was sitting in the back seat, looking grumpy and sneaking glimpses at us and smiling when we kept staring at him. He's so adorable! Then we got to the theater and watched the most KICK-ASS movie I've seen all summer. Yeah, it was hard to follow at first. And there were absolutely NO man chests. But Commodore Norrington came back and was BAMF, and that's all I needed, really. Plus, the new characters were really...interesting, for the most part.

After the movie, we three (me, Kelsie, and Gracie...I don't think I said that) went across to the food court in the mall and ate Chik-fil-a. We decided to eat outside, where it wasn't too hot and it was gorgeous and it was wonderful. Then we went back in the mall to look at accessories in Claire's. I got me a long, dangly pair of 4th of July earrings for $2. Kelsie got a smaller pair for only a dollar, but I like long dangly things, apparently, so I was fine. But I wish I had more cash, because there were so many nice things I would have loved to have. I was having crazy shopping frenzy. But Mama D eventually came by the store after we had promised her that we were coming out in just a second, a second that turned into 10 minutes. And then we went to Aeropostale to get a t-shirt she thought Kelsie would want. And then we left the mall, because Gracie had to be back home by 5.

The whole day was just...fantastic. It felt wonderful to just shop around and hang out with my friends, without any adults or brothers or sisters or anybody. Nobody but us. Kind of a glimpse into the future, I guess. An extremely limited view, but a view, nonetheless.

3 comments:

C.K. said...

But I wish I had more cash, because there were so many nice things I would have loved to have

my thoughts exactly!!!!

and it wasn't a random act, I begged her... since the beginning of summer!!

Yesterday was sooo much fun! Thanks for the laughs!

C.K. said...

did you see the LEGO world cup video on yahoo? apparently, there was a streaker LEGO but i didn't watch it cuz my computer is too slow

hillary said...

well, it was still cool of your mom.

no, i didn't see the lego thing. sounds hilarious though.