7.09.2006

ITALY WON!

So after we (my mom, dad, and I) finished watching Cellular for the 60th time, my dad was flipping through channels. We saw that the 77th minutes of the World Cup was on. So we sat and watched. and watched. and watched. I couldn't take my eyes off the game. Keep in mind that I haven't even really been following the cup. But it was just so...good. And I'm glad I tuned in. I got to see my Italy win! I picked them from the very beginning. Granted, that was just because I like Italy and have never even seen the team play. But still.

But did you see when Zidane went crazy and headbutted that guy? That was insane. You know his country's going to be throwing eggs at him when he gets home. But what a way to retire!

I loved the overtime. Not that either of the goalies actually BLOCKED anything. Some guy on the French team just flubbed his kick. But still, it was exciting.

VIVE ITALIA!

1 comment:

C.K. said...

I watched it too! Of course, I've been watching many of the games, but I was like "Italy's gonna beat those french pansies, just you watch" AND THEY DID!

that headbutt was so funny, though. soccer players are quite dramatic.