12.31.2006

happy new year!

Well, okay, it's a little bit BEFORE the new year. But you'll get over it (the, apparently, 3 of you who may or may not be reading).

Tonight I intend to be bored. And that's it. I'm trying to be content with it, but I feel like I'm the only loser who doesn't hang out with friends or family for New Year's. I'm independent, but I don't like it, I guess. Whatever.

I had the chance to go to Kirstie's and PARTY. Like, seriously. My dad would have let me. IF my brother would have gone, too. And even though my brother wasn't going, he would've said he was for me. But I just didn't feel like starting the year off that way. Oh well. I probably wouldn't have fit in with Kirstie's friends all too well, anyway.

You know, I've been complaining this whole post, but I'm actually loving right now. I feel so nice every year. The neighbors will start shooting off those illegal fireworks pretty soon. My dad will get sloppy drunk and it'll be hilarious (for parts). My mom will actually abstain for once. I'll get me a little bit of something or other. It's fun. I just wish it was more than me, that's all.

So anyway, Happy New Year's, all! May your resolutions be kept, and may your heart stay beating.

1 comment:

C.K. said...

Ha! I knew it! You posted again!

Well, happy new year to ya!

One of these years, I'll convince my parents to let my friends come over, because that's more fun than playing rollar coaster tycoon with my sisters, even if I do still get to pig out.

Sorry things didn't work out for you, but hopefully, at least you don't feel like your belly grew ten inches in the past 24 hours.

here's to a good year (again)