9.13.2005

rice krispies vs. cheerios

They are both equally flavorless cereals, which is partially why I chose them. But there has been something bugging me about rice krispies since the day I realized that Cheerios was just a name on a pedestal, whereas Rice Krispies is the poor man's...well, Cheerios.

First of all, I'll just say that I love Rice Krispies much, much more. They taste better. The rice is better than da oats. Darn right.

Not to say that Rice Krispies doesn't have its bad points. The name, for one, which I've already mentioned. And the fact that when you agree to poor those graind of puffed up rice into your plastic cereal bowls, you therefore agree that you will not eat all of the RK in said bowl. It is impossible, because the little buggers just want to make your life harder by going all around the outer edges of the bowl, taking only one of their friends with them. See, when eating Cheerios, you know that you can eat them all. They aren't little pains in the arses. They are just there. Which makes it that much more pathetic that they are disgusting. It seems akin to, "Sorry, I know you've been waiting patiently in your bedroom for hours for me to show up, but I've found another prom date I like more. You're just nasty, with your greasy nose and fish like eyes."

Which is why I pledge to eat a little more Cheerios in the mornings. Because even though they are the Renee Zellwegger to the RK's Nicole Kidman, they deserve love, too.

No comments: