10.01.2006

Oh my

Seems like a lot of stuff's happened since the last time I posted. The first of which being, of course, the change from September to October. I know, I know. It's gonna be a rough 2 minutes, getting used to the weather. But you'll just have to deal with it in your own way and move on. And bring me some hot chocolate.

Anyway. Friday night, Chance had his little friends over here (including Vomit). I was worried about Vomit being here all weekend, but I was assured that he would most definitely be gone by Saturday afternoon at the latest. He's still here, though, proving once again that my parents are no good filthy liars who couldn't keep a promise if their lives were at stake. But that's not the point. The point is Friday night, this house was filled with 10 prepubescent boys. So I called Gracie and we planned that I would pick up Dogma from Blockbuster after getting the pizza for the boys. Got to Blockbuster, got my movie (and more, since I was feeling good), got the pizza, got in the car, backed out...

...and scraped into the car next to me.

I reparked (terrified) and waited for the owner of said vehicle to come out. I couldn't even look at it, I was so scared. The owner of The Scraped came out, and he just happened to be the guy that rang me up at blockbuster. Yeah, funny world. So I explained what happened, and he went over and ran his hand over the scratch...and everything disappeared except for a small scratch! I was so relieved, and I felt like such an idiot. So nothing happened with that, other than I learned to be EXTREMELY careful when parking, because I'm a dumbass, apparently.

So then I went to Gracie's and we watched Dogma, which is a hilarious movie. Saturday I woke up to the sound of 10 prepubescent boys playing FakeWrestleMania. How fun. The rest of the day was spent with my arguing with my mother about how long Vomit was actually staying, her assuring me (even at 8:30 pm) that he was not going to spend the night another night and me calling her a liar and a coward because she wouldn't just pick up the phone and tell those nasty ass parents of his to pick his ass up. She thought that would be rude.

Yeah. And dumping your kid at someone else's sleepover and leaving him there all weekend isn't rude. Coming by yesterday to pick up the kid, and upon seeing that the kid didn't want to go, just driving off, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING IF IT WAS OKAY IF HE COULD STAY, yeah, that's not rude.

So I guess you'd say me and my mom are at a bit of a standoff, with me calling her a coward and reminding her that this is EXACTLY what happened over a year ago, when Vomit ended up staying EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, even though we were told that he absolutely, positively was leaving Saturday morning, and them eventually moving in for what we were assured would only be a month, but turned out to be a year.

Yeah. I'm just...angry, now.

1 comment:

C.K. said...

pobrecita!

well, at least you got to drive!