3.02.2006

carpool tunnel

today we went to see romeo and juliet at the atlanta shakespeare tavern (right next to a strip club, which i thought was convenient for the male actors, but i guess that's just me.) on the bus ride over, i realize that we will be going through tunnels. i am absolutely terrified of going through tunnels.

believe me. i know how ridiculous it sounds. "tunnels? what the hell is wrong with this girl that she is petrified of tunnels?" but hear me out.

as i was watching my daily e.r. fix, i realized that they were in a tunnel. and the tunnel collapsed. and hundreds of people died. and it just freaked me out so much, the thought of going through one just...makes me wanna cry. i don't know why. like why i think of calendars when i turn on a light. it's just one of those inexplicable things. and the lights freak me out. in my mind, the lights are there as a backup plan. as an, "oh, if the tunnel falls on you, at lteast you'll still have light as you're being crushed by 12 cars." yeah.

anyway, given my current fear of tunnels (and the fact that atlanta is apparently made up of them), i decided to close my eyes. if you don't see it, it's not there, right? kelsie thought it'd be a good idea to keep mentioning the tunnel. "oh look, we're in a tunnel. oooh, so tunnelly," etc. i was seriously freaking out in my own little mind, on the verge of tears. i don't think they took me seriously when i said i was afraid of tunnels. but kelsie soon remedied her way of thinking.

so we saw the play. and it was good. couldn't understand guy playing capulet, and the guy playing romeo was the most good looking man i have ever seen up close. it ended like it was supposed to. very tragic. but very uplifting to see good looking men in tights. almost uplifting enough to make me forget it was a tragedy.

mmmmm.

1 comment:

C.K. said...

oooh, tights

i have not mentioned that at all around my parents... or any family members