7.05.2005

independence day

is probably my favorite holiday. i know i say everything is my favorite holiday, but i think i really love this one the most. just the combination of the georgia humidity and heat along with being right on the lake to watch fireworks. in peachtree city, they start off with simple fireworks, gradually working up, and for the grand finale they set off maybe 50 or 60 fireworks at the same time. i could see everybody and everything, even across the lake. when i looked up again, the colors made it look like a christmas present exploding, all the little colors of the paper fading away. i remember when i was younger, lying on the ground looking at the fireworks, so scared that the sparks would hit the ground and start a fire. i love thos fireworks.

i almost went to kirstie's, but that fell through. i'm glad that i didn't. i love her and all, but independence day is really the best time i have with my family. of course, nobody ate my desserts (even though i baked TWO), but that's because there was so much else to eat. good stuff, too. i almost didn't eat my dessert.

i met cousins i didn't know i had. apparently, i have like, 10 or so cousins (probably more) that i haven't met, because my biological grandad was a bit of a...well, let's say whore. but my dad hasn't met these people, and doesn't want us to. and then there's my mom, who was adopted, so she doesn't know if she has any biological sisters. i kept thinking about that. it's weird, i could have cousins and not even know about it. my mom could have brothers and sisters. hey, nathan could be my cousin! ha, finally figured that out.

oh, but i love it!~!

1 comment:

C.K. said...

i love that holiday too

that thing about nathan... freaky...