10.19.2004

politics

the people in my class are morons. one girl, after priding herself on having seen the debate, asked, "who's bush and kerry?" right.

alright, here's the deal. if i could vote, i would vote kerry. i would really like to vote nader, but because of the fact that that would be like throwing away a vote, i would not. if he was a 30/40% to win, i would definitely vote nader, for he is a true American hero. but i would vote kerry, because he is prochoice, he wouldn't make a law against gay marriages, the war in iraq could only get better in his hands, and gun laws would be more strict. and for all of you religious zealots who just stopped reading this because of the first two, think again. prochoice doesn't mean i support having abortions. i myself do not think that i would ever want to have one. but it gives a choice. it's not where you have no choice at all. it is a choice. understand that. and the gay marriage thing. it does not (at least in my opinion) degrade marriage. if anything, it makes it a stronger message. all of the reality shows that feature weddings that break apart within two weeks, that degrades marriage. but if a man and a man really love eachother, than they should be able to show their love. again, it's a choice. who wants their choices taken away. and the gun laws are obvious.

i mean, seriously. imagine a girl who is poorer than dirt who can't have an abortion, and the man who impregnated went to iraq and got killed. so she raises the baby, alone, with cockroaches on the floor, and one tiny meal a day. she gets angry, she lets off her steam on him. the little kid either grows up in a violent situation or goes to an orphanage and whatnot. either way, when the kids gets into high school, he feels unwanted and angry. since the gun restrictions are so lax, he picks one up at a CVS and takes it to school, and kills everyone in the building.

and this bull about how anything could be a weapon is ridiculous. someone said, "well, you could stab a person with a pencil, are they going to take those away too now?" yeah, but pencils are meant for writing. what uses do guns have? that's right. that'd be killing.

think before you act, people. think long and hard. because we could either end up in that situation, or we could end up in something much better.

6 comments:

C.K. said...

I like that. It makes sense. I am the type of person who doesn't know who to vote for. I agree w/ Kerry on some things, but agree w/ Bush on others. The only thing about your post, though, is the part about the kid getting a gun and killing everyone. I think that by then, the gun laws would be tighter. Just a thought- degrade me if you want.
Other than that, you made a lot of sense (I said that already...)
Except one thing, but I'm not going to get into that, because I'm Catholic.
Oh, and was is Katlyn German that said that? Just wondering, because she sits next to you, so you would've heard her.

Simone said...

nice blog choice. I wish they would add more selections. I'm looking for something new myself.

GO KERRY. He can definitely improve what Bush has screwed up these past 4 yrs. I just can't wait until Nov 2. I wish the clock would go faster. Much faster. Tick tick tick...

hillary said...

indeed it was she. i wouldn't be surprised if she was in league with hitler and morgan poole. despicable people, really.

and i can understand where you're coming from. especially with the catholicism. i'm pretty sure you're anti abortion/ gay marriage. but kerry isn't for it either. he's about CHOICE.

and simone, it's not just about what he's screwed up, it's about what he stands for. if he outlaws all of these things, then these problems will only escalate.

i can't go too much into politics on the computer, sorry. i have too many long and drawn out ideas.

next post will hopefully be much happier (although it won't come until thursday or friday)

C.K. said...

So Simone can vote. Cool. Only 5 more years until I can. I won't get to vote for a president until 2012, but that's a looong way away, and it makes my head hurt to think about it.

You have a point there, hillary, about the whole "choice" thing.

Oh, and really, who/what did Yankee Doodle name Macorini (how ever it's spelled)- the hat or the feather?

hillary said...

i can vote in 2008. i think i'm the only one of us. but that's cool. my first election will be a presidential one. right on.

C.K. said...

I will be able to vote in '09... the same year I graduate high school & (most likely) start collage. In '10, I will be able to vote for governer of GA (that's 2 years before a presidental election, right?), and in '12, I'll be able to vote Bob for president. :P
Who knows? My cousin might be running for president by then... she'll be 35 I think...