4.02.2007

i constantly thank God

These past few days of break have been..uneventful. But I'll write about them anyway.

Saturday I went shopping with my mom for Dad's birthday presents. We got a bunch of stuff that I think he'll like. Then Sunday he cooked steaks, burgers, and hot dogs. It was nice. I was in a taking stuff apart mood, so I disconnected the doorbell that doesn't work, then I remembered the drill my dad gave me a while ago that burnt out, and I started taking it apart. I'm letting the pieces soak to get some of the oil out, but it's hard. As we speak, my hands are oily.
Then I found a Simon and Garfunkel CD that I didn't know I had, and I've been listening to that. Very good. Religious, but I can dig it. I also bought an AP Exam prep book. It's supposed to make me better for the exam, but so far it's just making me more nervous. But I'm only a few chapters in, so we'll see.

Then I read Kelsie's blog. God, I love my friends.

Kelsie: The best Catholic I've ever met. The most profound. Though she has suffered, her faith in God has only grown stronger (in my eyes). Probably one of the few people I know that are entirely innocent. She is the best person person out of us three, and I have no regrets saying that. She's introduced me to so many new and wonderful books, and that in itself is wonderful. She always sees the beauty. I can see her as a nurse and a loving mother. Her husband should appreciate the wonderful thing he has found.

Gracie: Is always there. Always. When SDFFII was sick, she was the one I called first. She was the one that supported me. She doesn't intimidate me, because she's real. If she's angry, she acts angry. When she's tired, she acts tired. She doesn't constantly complain about what ails her. I can tell her all of my secrets and not feel bad about it, because I KNOW she'll understand. I can see her working in a lab, researching medicines. Or running a television station.

They get me. They love me. Sometimes, I don't always realize that, but here and now, I know it's true. Though I can't exactly say what I contribute to our friendships, I know that these girls are people I want to know forever.
And it scares me to death that soon, high school is about to end.
I don't want to stay in Georgia all my life. I want to leave, to explore. And I hope that at the very least, we can retain a letter-writing relationship, but it's not the same as when we're together.

Ahh, now I'm all introspective and whatnot. I'm gonna go read some deep poetry and listen to far-out music (and that's no lie).

No comments: