9.17.2006

little five points

Over the years, I've experienced some good things from Georgia: Fighting with the neighbors every now and then about who's better, Georgia Tech or UGA (Viven Los Perros!). Eating at the Varsity. Whitewater. Turner Field. The close proximity to several states. But I have never been to Little Five Points. Until today, that is.

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. Alive.

It was like an explosion in my head, seeing all of the wonderful things. It was like the Boardwalk in Myrtle Beach, only a billion times better, because I HAD MONEY. The shops were jam-packed with stuff. Of course, I didn't BUY any of those things because, well, they were ridiculously overpriced and I can get most of them at Walmart or something. But just seeing the wide array of items was breathtaking (in an "Oh dear Goodness I am about to have a heart attack because these clothes are so PRETTY" type of way).

So we went in a few stores, ate lunch/dinner at a pizza place, where me and Gracie and Tawnya got the most monstrous calzones I have ever eaten ever. Then I convinced Standi to go ahead and get my birthday gift (which I seem to be doing a lot of, lately. The convincing people to go ahead and get the gift I pick out thing). So far, I've got a Jane Green book, Frank Sinatra biography, and 95 poems by e.e.cummings. Fantastic.

Mostly, though, the day was wonderful because of the people I was with. Not a minute went by when a wisecrack wasn't utilized.

I love it.

No comments: