1.26.2008

dearest, darling paper

The interview was okay. I think I did fine. 33% shot of making it, so I suppose those are somewhat decent odds. 1 out of every 3 people at the interview place will make it. Will I be one of them? Who knows? I really hope so. I'm just so proud that I made it this far.

It started off with me waking up at about 5:30 (1 minute before my alarm clock went off...how weird is that?). Then I got dressed up in my suit and whatnot, looked over my criteria and somehow managed to get my dad out of the house by 6:30 (because I am obsessed with being early, the place was an hour away, and it started at 7:50). But we had to stop at the post office to mail my SAT registration form. And then my dad wanted to get breakfast. And then we missed the turn. And then we got lost at the school, which even though it was built in the BC era, had TWO buildings, and of course, we went to the wrong one, first. So we ended up making it with only 5 minutes to spare, so that was handy.

I checked in, then they got a group of about 15 or 20 people and put us in a very cold room to write an essay in. I wrote a letter from a black pen to a white piece of paper about the connection they had made and the racial tensions that separated them. Eh. I tried to make it funny. Then they shuffled us to a reading room where we read about 6 or 7 passages. After that, I was on my own. I interviewed with two nice-ish ladies (and we only talked a little bit about the reading, so it was a waste of time). I think I made an ass of myself, but I hope it's okay anyway. And then...I was done. After about an hour and a half, me and dad headed home.

And the rest of the day has just been me sitting around watching the first two seasons of Buffy. I have some serious BO and my hair is gross, but I just haven't had the initiative to do anything. My clothes are scattered all over the floor, and don't even get me started on my reading assignment. I think that because I've been overachieving all week that I just needed to underachieve. Hopefully, it's only a day-long thing, because my head is killing me.

I think I'm going to head off to bed, now. I don't find out about whether or not I made it all the way until March 28, which is just before Spring Break. Ah, it never seemed so far away.

But I do think it would be an awesome experience. You know, Susanna has been so disappointed with her English education since she got back from GHP...but I'd like that. Kinda like, I was at the top of the mountain once, and it was astounding. Now I'm back down here, and it's horrible...but I'm glad I saw what it could be like.

No comments: