11.19.2007

la casa

So this house was built incredibly weird. In the kitchen leading out to the garden room, there's a window, because the garden room was added on. It was a really ugly window, too.

One day, as I was stacking movies on top of eachother on our old bookshelves, I thought a thought. "If we take out those windows, we could build a bookshelf." And so I told my dad about it, and we talked about it.

One night in September, I said, "Hey, we should work on it over the break." So my dad got up and tore the windeows out. Easy as pie.
Unfortunately, we haven't had the money to actually build the shelf. So it's just been this big hole.

But yesterday...ah! Yesterday we could afford it! So we went to Lowe's and bought most of the wood, some stain, and some screws. I stained them last night (very poorly, I might add), and this morning we got up...

and now we're halfway towards a decent movie shelf! I'm excited. The only reason we couldn't finish is because we were short a board of wood, so we had to go back up to Lowe's today and buy that last piece. We have to wait a day, though, for the stain to dry, so we can't work on it until tom0rrow.

And then, when it's finished, I get to put up all of the movies. Alphabettically! I'm excited. (I really am).
Hopefully, though, I won't be doing it tomorrow, because I'll be hanging with my homies.

Ah!

2 comments:

david santos said...

Thanks will be posting, but that the Christmas is good and in peace for the whole world. Have good day

Kelsie said...

YOU FINISHED!