9.29.2007

sweet dreams

When I was little, maybe about 6 or 7, I would have these amazing, incredible dreams, dreams I knew that at the age of 6 or 7 I shouldn't be getting, but still held significance to me. They were dreams where I was deeply in love, somehow in the future. There was always some song playing, popular in the day. And I always felt this sense that I had lost this love. And everytime I heard that song afterwards, it would physically hurt. Eventually, though, the songs went out of fashion, and I'd think about the dreams less and less. But today one of the songs came on the radio, and the wind was knocked out of me. And I realized that one of those dreams had come true. No, I haven't been deeply in love. But I think that I might have missed that chance. And no, I can't tell the future. But I clearly remember the feelings I had in that particular dream, and I know that I felt that way towards someone. And I missed it. I know I've missed it.

And that is just wrong.


Speaking of things that are wrong...my next post will be my 500th. Now, I'm not sure if I think I've posted more than 500 or less than 500. All I know is that 500 doesn't seem accurate. But be prepared. Because it will be fabulous.

No comments: