2.22.2007

brass

I went to my grandmother's on Monday and just got back a little while ago. It was fun. I felt thoroughly spoiled. I talked to Gracie a couple of times, because it's not like I had a whole lot of company up there. It was pretty fun. I got some nice shirts pretty cheap, some leather cowboy boots (!) and like, 15 scarves (hand-me-downs).

I read a lot while I was over there. No, I didn't read my APWH book like I was supposed to. Nor did I read the Cry the Beloved Country like I was supposed. No. I read Hannibal. Which was interesting. Except when they started talking about Hannibal and Clarice hooking up, because that was gross, imagining Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster making out. So I kept forcing myself to imagine Hannibal as the hot guy from American Beauty, because we saw Ghost Rider Monday and he was a badass in that. So that was nice.

I also read a Sarah Dessen book that I found for $4 at BAM, Just Listen. It was really good. I started reading it at about 10 last night, and didn't stop until I finished at 2. It was pretty cool. It reminded me of Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak, but it seemed to elaborate. And it had some pretty chemistry-infused moments, which I, being the squealy teenage girl that I am, loved (and, needless to say, squealed at). And a lot of music. And it was fun to pick out the characters from her other books, like little clues. I loved it. I've already gone through and reread my favorite parts twice. Ahh. I'm hopeless.

So now I'm going to read some more. You'd think I'd do my homework. But no. I'm going to read Hannibal Rising, because now I want to know. Oh yes. Just as long as I don't read past like, 7, I should be good to sleep tonight. Not that I got much sleep last night.

No comments: