1.02.2006

no no no it ain't me babe.

i consider myself somewhat ritualistic. when i play solitaire, i have to have the aces up just right, and end the game in a certain way. i organize my cds by genre and then alphabetically. i listen to cd's chronilogically. if i read the second book before the first, i have to read the third and then go back to read the first. but this new year has got me thinking that i'm too ritualistic for my own good.

at midnight, i made sure empire records was playing in my room, i was reading a book, and a cd was playing, all while i was outside finishing my malt liquor. i made myself promise that next year, i would be doing the exact same thing an hour before midnight. then i wrote down my new year's resolutions, burned the edges of the paper, and put it in the bottle of my finished smirnoff (twisted.) i also lit a candle, but only for a couple of seconds. my rituals scare me sometimes, and that's all i can say for right now. then again, this is the first time i've been alone new year's to act that strange. normally, kirstie's here, but this year, she had "other plans." but it was fun. again, it's good to be my own best friend.

the day started out with chris going on about all who was coming over to our house that night to party. he had gone to the store and bought tequila and beer (my mom later went and bought the twisteds). but as it turns out, chris's friends are losers who decided to get drunk at home, so he just got drunk in front of us. chance was curious as to why he was making the faces when he was drinking the tequila, so chris offered him a sip. that was the absolute funniest face i've ever seen, on chance's face and of all time. he had to drink a bottle of water before he stopped coughing. we were playing cards for a while, and then at midnight, we went outside and yelled obnoxiously. it was fun. we lit some smoke grenades, and some bottle rockets, which were duds. georgia needs to not outlaw fireworks. that's really annoying. but all of our neighbors had some high class fireworks, so we stayed out and watched them for a while. then i went to bed at about 3. it was a fun night, rituals and all.

and yesterday i cleaned my room (it's just never clean enough for me to settle down.) and dyed my mom's hair. i keep worrying about my science fair and ss fair projects, which are due pretty soon. and health class, for some reason. yargh. i hate it.

happy new year, everybody. wonderful year to you all. 3 1/2 years till i'm outa high school. woot.

1 comment:

C.K. said...

glad you had fun. my new year's kinda sucks, but w/e. i ate a bunch of chick-fil-a chicken and that fizzy grape stuff. only it was apple, but still good.
rituals aren't scary. i have a ritual every morning: i have to had breakfast before ANYTHING else, or somebody gets murdered. i don't know if that's a ritual, but i always thought it was.

and health is not bad at all. but pe is...