6.26.2005

complete and total strangers

i feel like i'm surrounded by them. i mean, i know basic things about my family, mostly because i'm here all the time, with thin walls. i hear almost everything, and know pretty much anything that goes on in this house sooner or later.

but i don't know my friends that well. and them, likewise, because i'm always careful around everybody what i tell them and what i dont. the things i keep secret and the things that i say i keep secret. i feel like i'm lying all the time. but i'm not. even right now, as we speak, i'm talking to gracie, and she doesn't know how i feel right now. (of course, she'll probably read this and find out, but...).

it's frustrating. i just feel like most of the things i have to keep secret, i can't tell anybody. but i don't want that. i want to at least tell my friends how i feel. which i guess means that this blog serves a purpose. maybe. it lets me be all cowardly lion on everybody and not actually have to talk to anyone about it but conveying the message, nonetheless. yargh.

went to three autoparts stores today. first guy was hilarious. he kept asking the same questions (is you suv big or small? ) and my dad was getting really mad when someone who works with him came up and talked to him. the guy was probably the most entertaining part of my day. the second place had nothing, and the third place, the guy was nice. they had messed up deals there, but he recognized them as such. he didn't try to make them seem normal. that was cool.

maybe i should be a movie critic. goodness knows that i love watching movies enough. i watched armageddon three times last night. once by myself, once with my mom, and once with my dad, after the first time, i started looking for camera tricks and realized that the movie was really crappy in that respect. too much drama in some parts, not enough in others. oh well.

i think that's my catch phrase now: oh well.

No comments: