3.24.2005

i dont know what to say

i'd like to say im ticked off. and i am a little bit, but not something that can't be mended. it seems like chance never gets punished, and excuse me for sounding like the older sister here, but he never gets punished and he's always in trouble at school. some might see this as a discipline problem and a way to start teaching your kids how to act. not my parents. let chance throw his hissy fits, they'll pass....im worried about him. the school is talking about expelling him. and he's in the third grade. aghh.

for some reason, people have come up to me and told me that i was the smartest person they knew, and while that has made me feel better (who wouldn't like that?), it makes me wonder. why do they think that? these aren't morons who are complimenting me, but people who i think are extremely smart myself, like my brother and one of my friends. i know how egomaniacal i sound talking about this, but that's been on my mind. i dont have the most common sense in the world. i memorize things in books and whatnot, and remember it for later, which is how i know all of this random junk stored in my head. i dont know. it just disturbs me sometimes, and makes me feel a little good about myself, especially since HE was one of the people who complimented me...

ive come to realize something today. people can't stand when you outstare them. it creeps them out or drives them nuts. this one girl decided she was going to get mad at me today for me throwing something at her that she threw at me. i decided to stare at her. this made her back down. chance decided he was going to start hitting me today (and im happy to say, i now fight back, rather than just let him think he can do that to me), and i just stared at him until he called me a freak and walked off. it didn't really hurt, him calling me a freak, because i have been called that before, by worser people. mothers tend to make sure they hurt you the most.

but i havent been scared in a while now. not of a person, anyways. its all about being polite, i think. if you're polite, you have nothing to be scared of, and if you're polite and stare, you're unbeatable. not to say im not scared of other things. but thats another post. another story, hopefully less than a week away (and im sure all...1 of you are counting the days)

2 comments:

Simone said...

your parents should watch Nanny 911. They'll be sure to learn all the most important rules of disciplining your child. The nanny rocks!!

Your brother may just be crying out for attention and discipline. It's a shame but it happens a lot to the 'baby' of the family. Maybe you should step up and take over!!

C.K. said...

My parents watch that show. For the most part, my brothers and sisters I are well behaved, but compared to some of those children, we are angels!