9.07.2004

okay. so i am sitting at home again on a school day. but this time, it is county wide. that's right, friends, the hurrican has caused six inches of rain and horrible winds, causing school to be CLOSED! i feel sorry for my dad though. he's a mailman. he has to deliver mail in this rain. and i also feel sorry for the pizza delivery guys. my dad is also a pizza delivery guy. my dad is multitalented and enjoys driving, as you can see...

im glad its a no school day. the rain was beating on my windows last night and i couldn't get to sleep. i stayed awake until 4:00 something in the morning, then had to wake up at 6:40 to wake up my brother, which doesn't matter, because none of us have to go to school. im waiting until the rain stops beating on my window to go to sleep. if it doesn't i will have to pass out in the bathroom or something where there are no windows.

yesterday was labor day, which was cool. we went to blockbuster (i do not recommend the movie Alex and Emma, by the way) and played Simpsons Monopoly. I kept holding on with my railroads and such, when dad owned the rest of the board, but i kept skirting by him and he kept landing on my 4 railroads, so i stayed in an hour longer than he wanted me to. he won, of course. but it was so funny. you should have seen his face when he kept landing on my stuff. priceless, just priceless.

my mom seems to think i take my dad's side more than hers. the funny thing is, my dad seems to think i take my mom's side. they don't know that i stand up for both of them when they're badmouthing eachother. it's freaking priceless when i get yelled at because of it, let me tell you. and then they say things that make me want to go the hell away, run for the hills, do anything to get my booty away from them. i hate that, i really do.

6 comments:

C.K. said...

Oh yeah- No school!

y-intercept said...

I got admit...I tend to side with your "dad" as well. I mean, mom's a good woman. When you get down to it, she is probably right more often than dad...but, hey, dad brings home the pizza, and a little bit of pizza goes a long way in my book.

PS: This note was written with no direct experience with the subject at hand and after reading a single post that mentioned dad was a hard working mail and pizza delivering fool...who takes the postal oath of working through rain and shine seriously.

hillary said...

not to be rude, but, ahem, who are you, mr. kevin? and i often side with my dad for the pizza, just to let you know. the mail i can live without, but sometimes i must side with him for that too....

and, kaby, sorry about what i said. didn't mean to embarrass you with my *language*. but oh yeah, no school!!!

C.K. said...

so how come we don't have school today? I overslept and freaked when I noticed the time... but no one else seemed to care.

Simone said...

Its great you got a day off of school. That brat Frances is now up here pouring down rain. My subway was closed this morning due to flooding so I had to take a bus which broke down but then worked again. I got to work an hr and a half late. Rain sucks. And what sucks more is your Dad had to work in it.

When the weather is bad I don't like to order delivery b/c I feel bad for the delivery people. Especially when it snows.

hillary said...

ahh, thank goodness you understand. sorry about frances hitting you. that bites...

we got school off because a) three schools were with no power, and if more than two in a county are without power, than they close school and b) the food in all of the schools with no power had gone bad and c)the elementary schools feed into the high schools...