10.19.2007

water

I've never thought about it before.
And now I'm so ashamed of that fact.
I spent all that time under the shower, just thinking, enjoying how it felt, not realizing that in a few months, we'd be bone dry. We wouldn't be showering. Restaurants wouldn't be serving water. Neighbors would be turning one another in for illegal water use, happy in their limited capacity to make others suffer. Fines, extensive fines would be issued to those who let a drop of water slip. People would be using plastic more and more to avoid washing dishes, washing clothes less and using Febreeze more.

This is insane. I remember reading that this would happen when I was about 14, but the numbers seemed so far away. Not far enough, I guess. Not nearly far enough.

How can they not have seen this coming? We elect these people because we trust them. I feel like I've been fooled, tricked.

No comments: