10.14.2007

coming home

So I'll start with the good stuff, because that'll take up less space. Gracie won as Homecoming princess! The Junior class float won the parade competition! An actually cool girl won Queen! Que bueno!

Okay. So that was the good stuff.

I had to be driven to school Friday because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get home at night (since I can't see to drive). At the end of the day, the pep rally started, and I was stuck taking tickets at the door, where some of my friends tried to bribe me to get in. I said no, but it made me sad. I snuck in though, and watched the football players play musical chairs, which, okay, was hilarious. Then I had to clean up the pep rally. Then it all began.
Since I was stuck at school, I offered to help Gant and Paine. I figured I'd just have to cut something out or whatever. They dragged me out to the field and moved 80 chairs. Then I had to go and drag columns to the field, and P was freaking out because one was missing. They drove me to the church where the parade started, and I had to give out sashes to the homecoming princesses. Ew. Gracie's mom drove me BACK to the school, and then they put me in charge of helping the photographer. Minutes before the game started, the lady asked me to drag her heavy camera crap to her car. No big deal, since she was nice. She offered to buy me food, but I wasn't hungry, even after not having eaten since 11. Got down to the field (which was packed) and had to walk back up to the school to get the phantom column, which was in the basement all along. I had left my stuff in Gant's room, so after I brought the column down, I went up to the school to get my bag. I had thought my parents were coming, but they didn't (big surprise there...they were both "really tired" and then ended up staying awake until 2), so I dragged me stuff back to the field to ask Gracie's mom if I could put it in her car. She let me, but her car was parked NEXT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE OF THE SCHOOL. But then, when I got back, I was done. I got to see Gracie get crowned, and me and Kelsie screeched like girls.

Then Saturday morning we were told to report to the school to clean up the hall decorations. No big deal, okay, because I like most of the people on student council. I got there and NOBODY was up there. I had to find a band person to call Gant and wake her up to get to the school. And even then, it was only the three of us...again. Cleaning up four hallways. Ugh. I really had had about enough of them, and I figured they felt the same way, so I went off to the junior hall and cleaned it by myself, but we inevitably ended up cleaning the senior hall together. Ew.

And then I came home and I was a bitch to Gracie.
It's not that I was angry. I really wasn't. I could understand why she didn't come. She was tired. And I figured it was just punishment for not helping with the float or finishing the hallway last week. But I think I became angry. More mean. I barely said a word because I was tired and she just kept asking me over and over if I was mad, and I kept saying no. Then I became mad. Self-fulfilled prophecy, I guess.

I've been getting angry at the drop of a hat lately. Ever since Thursday happened. Asshole. Ugh. And it sucks, because when I get angry, my face gets splotchy and I start crying. Not like, boo-hoo crying, but hot tears of frustration. I've felt that way often since Thursday.



Okay. So that's homecoming. Thank God it's over.

No comments: