10.09.2007

homecoming

Last year, as a wannabe student council member, I thought homecoming was so cool. Dress-up days were fun, the halls looked awesome (and I didn't have to be there the whole time), the banner was...well, our banner sucked, but I still thought it was vaguely nice. No, I didn't go to the game, because one, football is lame, and two, I would have been mobbed. And no, we didn't have a pep rally, because the first pep rally where a fight broke out and people got trampled cancelled all of the rest of them for that year.

Homecoming is lame.

I was supposed to be there all last weekend to decorate the school. I got sick on Sunday though, so I didn't go, but still. The one day was certainly enough. And our hallway looks lame anyway (though it looks a hell of a lot better than the freshmen hallway). Our banner is awesome thanks to the help of Alexis and Dalton (and several other people). But I still hated every minute of it. Every minute of the people coming to ME for answers, ME, the secretary, not Gracie, the VP or Andre, the president. And everyone not doing anything they should have been doing. And now, walking around school, I look at these people all dressed up and I think they're lame. I have no enthusiasm for this.

And I'm being forced to go to the game. Ew. I'm hoping I can find a way out of helping with the parade, but I wouldn't be on it. Ew again.

Pep rallies aren't really that bad. Basically I just stood there and tried to keep the sports people behind the line last time. And I really do like school spirit sometimes. I get caught up in it. I'm like the wood-sawyer in Tale of Two Cities. I get caught up in whatever I'm in, then change my mind about it later.

So those are my thoughts on homecoming.

2 comments:

C.K. said...

sorry about the lameness, but I'll be at the game, so it will be better :)

What time does the game start, btw?

hillary said...

Um....the parade starts at 5:30 and the game starts...at...7:30?