5.30.2005

swimming in newnan

yay! it's my one year anniversary blogging! i am just 100 for a 100 today....

oh, yesterday was so much fun! all right, here's my weekend: friday, went to blockbuster and rented team america, which my mom didn't want me to watch, so i wasted a rental, but whatever. saturday: went swimming at best western pool, ate picnic there, and went home.

and sunday. oh yes, sunday gets its own paragraph. yesterday, chris and I went to newnan to visit kirstie and their family. this time was a whole lot better than last time because it was just the family. me and chris got there after an hour and a half drive of silence (which i didn't mind, but ok), and it was raining. but since their pool is heated, we went swimming anyway. oh, it was great. it was that weird feeling of cold and hot at the same time. when we got out, we ate the most delicious hamburgers i have ever eaten. chris's mom can cook. and there was just such great food, i cannot even begin to describe it. then, we went inside and played spades with me and kirstie on a team, and chris and their sister brandy on a team. they killed us, but brandy was funny. that family is honest about everything. and brandy's little kids, savannah and william were there, and they were cute.

except, savannah had this book of colors. you know, on one page it had a color, then the next was different, and so on and so on. well, she thought it would be fun to see if i could remember it. when i finally remembered every page in the book, she started changing the pages and CHEATING. you know, not that i'm complaining or anything. it's just that it's not fair.

of course, now im sunburnt, since i can never tan. but if the rest of my summer is going to be this much fun, then that just makes me happy.

** here's a point of arguement. my mom says that since i'm out of school, i should do all the housework. i agree to that, to a certain extent, but i think that i should get to be lazy. i mean, i worked hard all year, kept my grades mostly above a 97 almost all year, and next summer, i'm getting a summer job as soon as i can. this is probably my last summer free. not that i'm dying to work. but i have to so i can afford that pesky little thing people call college.

1 comment:

C.K. said...

about your "point of argument"- mom is making me do more stuff around that house too...