5.16.2005

the best dress ever (i'm sure yours are close runners-up)

okay, those of you who know me, know that i DO NOT wear dresses. ever. sometimes, occasionally, like today, i'll wear a color other than black. i've been known to wear the occasional skirt. but never, since i was 6, a dress. but that's what i am wearing to the dance this friday. a dress. now, let me describe how i came to obtain this dress, in great detail. if you don't want to hear unimportant ramblings, i suggest you stop reading this, because this is going to be a long post.

it started saturday morning, when my grandmother picked me up. she wanted to go to the j.c. penney's outlet store, and so we went. i found a great dress there, burgundy, full length, and actually good looking on me. we got a silver purse to match, and a bra to go with it.

we then went to the mall, where we hit macy's and found THE dress. the beautiful, knee-lenght, black, flappy shoulder dress that i am going to wear. i fell in love with that thing, i swear. then went to shoe store and bought silver shoes, then bought two colored shirts.

sunday, we went to stein mart, where i got my jewelry. we also went to shoe carnival, where i got the most amazing deal on shoes. 2 for $7.50. so now, i have a $150 dress that i got for $50, an $80 dress that i got for $20, and $60 shoes that i got for $5. that is just so great.

i'm actually excited about getting dressed up. now if only i could go with Him, then it'd be all good......

3 comments:

Jen said...

Soooo...ask HIM!

C.K. said...

*agrees with jennifer*

my dress *is* a close runner up...
$60 dress FREE (it was my cousins)
$20 shoes FREE (they were my neighbors)
$12 purse for $5
jewelry I had for a long time...
(hope I'm not raining on your parade)
but I gotta admit, you did some sweet shopping! Don't you just *love* it when you find deals like that? I know I do!
*going to go post on togetherness blog*

hillary said...

kelsie, it's good. it's just that i rarely shop for such things, and i'm excited that i got a good deal, that's all....congrats to you.

and it is not that easy. quit acting like it is.