6.02.2007

9/10

If I were a possession, what would happen to me? Would I be traded throughout the world, a precious commodity the entire Earth yearned for? Would I be put in a trophy case to be admired by all who passed? More likely, I'd be bought at a flew market, then put next to cat figurines, just a trinket to go with the room is what I would guess.

But sometimes I can't help but think that maybe, yeah, I will be bought at a flea market. And yeah, be put next to cat figurines. But maybe someday someone will pass me and say, "That is just what I need. That will complete me. I cannot live without that."

And then it will be away from the dusty bins full of warped albums and gnarled 8-tracks, and in with the beautiful silk dresses.

That's what I would think if I were a possession.

1 comment:

Simone said...

That was beautiful!