7.09.2011

kick in the pants

10 things about my life in the last month:
  1. I ordered HBO. And it is delicious. True Blood ftw.
  2. I have gotten all A's in my classes, from Spring semester to the classes I've already finished over the summer.
  3. I screwed up the courage to ask a guy out! But that didn't work out...
  4. I have slightly gotten over my fear of calling people on the phone, which I think is more to do with sounding like an idiot or wasting someone's time.
  5. I am writing a paper right now, that I started at 11 pm on a Friday night, about William Wordsworth, which I think is shaping up to be one of the better papers I've written.
  6. My roommate is moving out, and a new, cake-decorating one is moving in. Variety is the spice of life and all that jazz.
  7. I've gone to the dollar theater so many times that the attendant actually recognized me last night. It also doesn't help that I tend to change into the same slightly ratty t-shirt when I get out of Friday class.
  8. This September, when I turn 21, I'm going to see Wicked at the Fox! I'm sure it's nothing like New York...but I don't live in New York, so it doesn't really matter, now, does it?
  9. One of my good friends is incredibly, seriously sick. She's not able to retain any nutrients, and her already stick-thin figure is starting to look emaciated. It's scary, and for the first time it was like that realization that you hear about, that we aren't invincible and bad or inexplicable things happen to good people.
  10. The reason that I'm writing this paper earlier in the weekend (it's due Monday, so I probably could have started it a bit earlier) is that I want to bake some more. It's like I'm addicted to having baked goods in the apartment. There are TWO white chocolate truffle cakes in the fridge (one of which is headed to my parents, but still). And I really want to try pretzel bread again, with different toppings than just salt. But I cannot bake until I write this paper. And I cannot write this paper until I give a happy and upbeat update for once in my life!

No comments: